DO NOT POINT OUT ERRORS IN COMICS POSTED PRIOR TO INFORMATION BEING AVAILABLE
luciferownsme, December 2nd, 2008, 11:55 pm
- ...I forgot about this one...
I honestly don't know much about the Spanish Inquisition, as much as I like pointing out retarded things Christians have done in the past...
...minus The Pit and the Pendulum and that one Monty Python sketch, the Spanish Inquisition doesn't seem to come up very often...
I think 1470 fashion was atrocious. Whatever crazy bastard thought hose on men was a good idea...
Advertisement, April 28th, 2017, 6:49 pm
luciferownsme, December 4th, 2008, 9:00 pm
- I'm anti-religious in general... I just bump into more Christians than Jews and Muslims...
Though a Wiccan pissed me off once...
And getting angry at Buddhists is slightly difficult.
Vikki :D (Guest), December 5th, 2008, 2:57 am Cool - Yer I must agree, religions ourdays are really annoying! They hate it because people now have their own beliefs and that most people just don't like religion. And another thing is, is that they shove it down your throut and into your face about it! I really annoys me when them knock your door about it! :@
I always say, if people want to be in religion and learn about it, then they can go a church about it! lol
Good comic though :D So when Alty coming back? Really am starting to miss him and Kaxen :( x
vemberyte, December 5th, 2008, 6:45 am Though a Wiccan pissed me off once... - ROFL that reminded me of the quest fdor the holy grail when the text at the bottom said
"a moose bit my sister once, NO REALLY!!!" lol
Maybe you could do some monty python related altair related things?
Altair Python or something lol
i'd like to see that 3 headed knight vs altair, altho i know he'd whoop em good
Idene, December 5th, 2008, 8:28 am
- I'm either christian or catholic, and oddly, i don't really find any offence in your comment. self critting, christians say that Dinos never existed, man did NOT evolve from monkeys, and random other stuff, like women aren't equal, there can't be gay people, blah blah blah. =_=
oy, but have you seen the 60s Romeo and Juliet? all the guys wear tights. TIGHTS! D*8
ew, that's all i gotta say. XD
M_J_Davies (Guest), December 5th, 2008, 10:20 am
- Pft well Alty looks kinda 'spiffy' in tights !!
Guest, December 5th, 2008, 5:42 pm the spanish inquisition - nice one, but i wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition...
Soulbourne (Guest), December 5th, 2008, 6:17 pm
- Hmm....so many wrongs...Many believe that a creature of dinosaur like proportions was mentioned in the bible, and was wiped out by the flood. It says man was created in gods image, it does say women are equal to the man of the household several times, it says marriage is to be between a man and a women.
And...if Catholics are now calling themselves non-christian...ya...they are christians. There were two churches around the time, one in the byzantine empire, and a european one with the pope at the head. Scientists weren't as persecuted as they say, the bible never really preached clearly on science(Although it is possible to link a few things, like pathways of teh sea aka currents and such, but that would of been ya...), the stuff like that was greek based, your were discounting greeks, nor Christianity...
And if you've read this far through the post, many groups don't shove it down your throat, those are basically three or four groups that go door to door and such, I'm baptist and we locally went door to door, but that was for our yearly funfest, games, food, etc at the church. A couple things linked to Christians by a large group of people can be disagreed with, mostly the ones who did something that breaks the final line in the bible saying not to take out or add too it, yada yada. But anyways.
I should stop coming here if it's gonna end like this...Twas a good comic too should that happen.
Also, I remembered something, athiest, I'm assuming you believe in logic if nothing else, so think about this: Take into account the ammount of knowledge in the universe you posses, and tell me if it's possible you don't know about something that's there? A planet, a new natural formation, maybe some divine being?
luciferownsme, December 5th, 2008, 7:47 pm
- I don't know everything, but I'm certainly not going to believe in a divine being that I don't think there is proof of.
Well, unless the scientific community ever comes together and declares "We've found proof of God" :-/
I wish an all-powerful being would have the sense of foresight to write their moral rules in blindingly obvious terms and pop up to say "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" every time extremists pop up to do something stupid...
Soulbourne (Guest), December 6th, 2008, 12:31 pm
- Not that this will be seen, but 10 commandments aren't exactly vague in meaning...
luciferownsme, December 6th, 2008, 1:10 pm
- :-/ Someone must be managing to read that stuff wrong considering how people have killed for religion.
Krimsin, December 6th, 2008, 2:30 pm
- I think the Spanish Inquisition was where the church started executing Templars.
luciferownsme, December 6th, 2008, 2:43 pm
- Templars' end was 1314 and the Spanish Inquisition was 1478
Soulbourne (Guest), December 6th, 2008, 7:49 pm
- Yes...fanatics...I hear that war(With reason, not just one to butcher a people) is allowed, haven't looked it up yet, but that's what I hear.
Now, everything else is against it, and yes many people disobey it. A lot of people disobey it, your supposed to work against such transgressions though, sadly that wasn't preached much in the catholic church...
But I hear it also mentions something about making religion based around standard rituals and such, plus they added in a paying into heaven thing(You pay us, we pray until your supposedly saved but too bad to get what was promised him into heaven stuff...yes, the bible does say not too I believe). Not to bash them or anything, just saying that some groups do what other groups say it means.
It is human nature to sin, but after being saved you are to work against human nature, although no one can overcome it, you are to temper it at least, get rid of what you can.
I should really stop posting...this isn't the place for such as this...
Name ;-) (Guest), December 7th, 2008, 6:23 pm
- No, it's not. This was a comic about the Spanish Inquisition, and you've turned it into a preaching session on the Bible. :-/
Soulbourne (Guest), December 7th, 2008, 9:39 pm
- Personally, I was pretty sure my first post would be skipped by everyone, little lone have any sort of reply...
luciferownsme, December 7th, 2008, 10:01 pm
- I get e-mails every time someone comments, you know.
Guest, April 17th, 2009, 5:40 pm
- in my opinion all religions had good ideas at the start and the leaders just made up a deity to convince the smallfolk of their good intentions but then they died and some massive selfloving powerhungry pricks came along and instead of continuing on the ideas they just made up a bunch of idotic rules and when someone said they were out of order they could say god did it.
(FYI I did laugh my ass of at this comic)